The International Center of Automotive Technology (I-Cat) is located in Manesar, Haryana .It is a division of Natis (Natrip Implementation Society),an Independent registered organization for implementation of national automotive testing and RNB infrastructure project (Natrip). They conduct all require tests on e-rickshaw and confirms whether the e-rickshaw qualifies all testing parameters or not. Once they confirm that the vehicle has qualified all required tests,they issue an approval certificate, following which the manufacturer can produce and sell e-rickshaw.
Yes, there are other agencies also who can approve the e-rickshaw. They are ARAI and CIRT. Both are located in Pune.
Incase any test fail it needs to be done again and you will be require to pay the pay fees of that particular test again.
Usually it takes 60-90 days from the date of submitting the e-rickshaw till the date you get the certificate of I-Cat.
Step by step process:-
Step 1. – Company registration on the website of I-Cat.
(a). Go to iocs.icat.in/icat and signup.
(b). For signing up you need to upload
- Company Profile
- Proof of legal status of your business entity.
- TIN no. in case of proprietorship.
- Memorandum incase of company.
- Partnership deed incase of partnership firm.
- Authority letter in favour of the person who will represent the company in I-Cat (with photo).
Step 2. – Allotment of user name and password by I-Cat.
Once you have registered and uploaded all documents, I-Cat, after verification of all documents, shall send you an email at your registered email id confirming your user name and password.
Step 3. – Open New Docket
Docket is like a new case opened by manufacturer. Go to iocs.icat.in . After login in , open a new docket for certification of new vehicles.
Step 4. – Upload Tables and request letter
I-Cat has specific a set of tables containing all the specifications of e-rickshaw.
(a). You need to upload all these tables at the time of opening the docket.
(b). All the tables duly fill properly.
(c). Certificates of all the approve components used by you.
(d). COP (if needed).
(e). Request letter for conducting test.
Step 5. – Issuance of Performa Invoice by I-Cat
Once I-Cat verifies all the documents uploaded by you it will send a Performa invoice for testing fees at your registered email id.
Step 6. – Payment of Testing Fee
Once you receive the Performa Invoice you need to make the full payment of the fees.
Step 7. – Submitting E-Rickshaw (Commonly called ‘PROPERTY’ by I-Cat).
After making the payment you need to submit the e-rickshaw (Property) to I-Cat along with a ‘one pager’. One pager consists of pictures of e-rickshaw from all four sites and pictures of all approve components used by you and pictures of motor, controller and all components used by you.
Step 8. – Labeling of Components by I-Cat Officers.
The officers will then verify all the components used by you with the photos on one pager and put stickers on each components so that it cannot be changed later ones.
Step 9. – Testing
- CONSTRUCTION AND FUNCTIONAL SAFETY OF BOV AS PER AIS 038 – OTHER FUNCTIONAL SAFETY TESTS –
- EEG FULL CLEARANCE- ERICKSHAW
- AIS 038 INSULATION RESISTANCE MEASUREMENT
- AIS 038 PROTECTION AGAINST WATER EFFECTS –
- CMVR CLEARANCE – E RICKSHAW
- CMVR PHYSICAL VERIFICATION – E RICKSHAW
- BRAKE TEST – E RICKSHAW
- WEIGHMENT – E RICKSHAW
- PHOTOGRAPHS – E RICKSHAW
- VEL DOCUMENTATION – E RICKSHAW
- LIGHTING INSTALLATION – E RICKSHAW (VEL)
- RVM INSTALLATION – E RICKSHAW (VEL)
- HAND HOLD – E RICKSHAW (VEL)
- HORN INSTALLATION – E RICKSHAW (VEL)
- HLLD FOR E-RICKSHAW
- NET POWER, 30 MIN. POWER, 30 MIN. TEST OF 3 OR4 WHEELER BOV VEHICLE AS PER AIS 041
Step 10. – After all tests are qualified the test reports and clearance reports are submitted by all testing departments to Customer Support Group (CSG).
Step 11. – Certification
CSG than verifies all tests reports, clearance reports and drawing and after being satisfy issues the approval certificates.
Yes, you can apply for the approval of e-rickshaw before getting the WMI code but the certificate will be issue only after you have the WMI code.
1) Name, address of the firm and location of the manufacturing unit,
2) Photocopy of Memorandum of Article,
3) Photocopy of the industrial licence (attested by an Authorized signatory) to carry out the manufacturing of automobiles,
4) Installation capacity and number of vehicles manufactured per year along-with the technical details of the vehicles, brand name etc (model-wise),
5) Whether you are using any Coding system at present, if yes its details,
6) Size of the firm i.e. small scale or large scale (with certificate),
7) Detail of VDS and Section of VIN along-with drawings as specified in ISO 3779/3780/4030,
8) Payment of Rs.5000/- + Applicable Service Tax in favour Bureau of Indian Standards through Payment Gateway as processing charges for allotment of WMI code,
9) Number of vehicles to be produced in the current year (proposed).
World Manufacturer Identifier (WMI Code) is a unique code issued to a manufacturer of e-rickshaw. This code may be a combination of alphabetical and numeric characters. The WMI Code constitutes the first part of Vehicle Identification No. (VIN) which is commonly known as chassis no.