What are the documents required for WMI Code ?
Underneath is the list of documents required to be submitted for getting WMI code from BIS.
1) Name, address of the firm and location of the manufacturing unit,
2) Photocopy of Memorandum of Article,
3) Photocopy of the industrial licence (attested by an Authorized signatory) to carry out the manufacturing of automobiles,
4) Installation capacity and number of vehicles manufactured per year along-with the technical details of the vehicles, brand name etc (model-wise),
5) Whether you are using any Coding system at present, if yes its details,
6) Size of the firm i.e. small scale or large scale (with certificate),
7) Detail of VDS and Section of VIN along-with drawings as specified in ISO 3779/3780/4030,
8) Payment of Rs.5000/- + Applicable Service Tax in favour Bureau of Indian Standards through Payment Gateway as processing charges for allotment of WMI code,
9) Number of vehicles to be produced in the current year (proposed).